asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
oh man, that is a huge collection - you should look into getting some trade paperbacks of 94-138, those are some of my all-time favorites with artists such as dave cockrum and john byrne, with writing by chris claremont!

LOL I have a complete run of uncanny x-men from #139 to now.

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
I loved Jim lee's art work!

Attachments

• F4.jpg
    F4.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 34

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
jimlee_xmen.jpg

X-tinction agenda is one of my favorite story lines. X-Men 1 was awesome too!

He's a great artist and most of the time I read comics he was the artist. When I said he was good I was being ironic. I base all the art in todays books on his early x-men issues.

Last edited:

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
it's amazing to have seen how jim lee's artwork has evolved over the years; in the beginning he was just a glamorized carbon copy of john byrne and his storyboarding was simplistic and choppy, and now he can create amazing pages and with great flow.

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
What an amazing weekend at the Jacob Javits Convention Center. I had my camera but I didn't take any pictures as I was too busy shopping, playing demo video games, and checking out new toys and statues. Saturday flew by as I walked around for 8 hours and Sunday was just as fun with many bargains to be had. I am already looking forward to next years convention. Here are some articles regarding the convention:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/2008-04-20-comic-con_N.htm

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/04/new-york-comic.html

...and for those wondering, Jim Lee was there and the line for him wrapped around 3 aisles so needless to say I didn't get to meet him but I did see him stand up and he is about 5 feet tall...

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
He is an artist that worked for Marvel who eventually started an independent comic company with a group of other artists and writers that eventually gave creator-owned rights back to the creator, as opposed to the rights of creations being owned by the powerhouse publishing companies such as DC and Marvel. This is a very short summary.

who's Jim Lee?

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just rediscovered mine as well, have some serious collectables in my box!!
Anyone remember the 2012 Versions of the Punisher, Xmen, etc? Or how about the issues of supermans death, i cant believe i opened that one :irked:

Anyone have any links on how much these collectables are worth today?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: