81.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Picture 007a.jpg
    Picture 007a.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 131

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Anyone thinking about going should purchase tickets way in advance - I got caught without tickets the past 2 years waiting too long; these conventions have been selling out!

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Josh, not sure how long you've been out of the hobby but it's come a long way since picking then up at a newsstand. They even have services now that grade and seal your comics in hard clear plastic.

Aqua Pro - Guyver was a Japanese character, correct? And that is Witchblade; not my creation, and yes she does have characteristics very similar to Guyver.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
CGC is a ripoff designed to make those of us who have been in the hobby for a long time spend more money on old books. My Giant sized X-Men 1 is worth more to me in a acid free bag than wrapped up in one of those hard cases. On that note, no comicons for me. I tend to get into arguments with people there. Last one was with a guy at marvel who thought it was fine that Beast made an anti NYPD statement in an issue of wolverine. I told him that he needed to step down along with that moron Quesada. Needless to say that I was not welcome there.

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I agree that the whole comic book industry has become extremely commercialized and that everything has become a money making scam such as: variant covers, CGC grading, and investors. There are some people out there buying multiple copies and not even reading them. But in every industry, such as reefing, there is always that cat and mouse game of creating suppply and demand. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a coral website that doesn't have "LE's", "super rare", etc.
As for Quesada, what happened to the good old days with Jim Shooter? Haha.

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Friday 04/18 - 2 tickets

I have 2 weekend passes that I will not be able to use this Friday. If anyone is interested they can use it for the day for $10 per.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
my wife and I will be there on friday. We are not into comic books but my wife is going for business. I'm going to tag along to check out the scenery. We already have passes.

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I might take an extended lunch and go to the Will Eisner movie, which is free with the pass:

Print this e-mail out to receive free admission to ?Will Eisner: Portrait of a Sequential Artist?, screening on April 18 in Room 1E10 of the Jacob Javits Center as part of New York Comic Con. (Will Eisner: Portrait of a Sequential Artist tickets are available to the public for $20.) Please note to receive free admission to New York Comic Con?s screening of ?Will Eisner: Portrait of a Sequential Artist?, you must purchase admission into New York Comic Con.

LMK if you want the e-mail to get free admission to the screening.

my wife and I will be there on friday. We are not into comic books but my wife is going for business. I'm going to tag along to check out the scenery. We already have passes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: