jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Marrone I have had those grand palys and just sold my last one. And YES they look very similiar to that when they are smaller. When they get larger yes they look like the pics above. They are a rarer paly and I wouldn't get rid of it until it grows a little to be sure what it is. If it is new rock just added to the tank it might not have had a chance to color up yet. Most LFS keep their rock in seperate tanks with low lighting and would have made the paly lose color. I would give it a month or 2 and see what it does from there.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I have Grand Palys in my tank, all different sizes, and I actually sold a bunch not to long ago, and they look nothing like those. But they're the same as the other Palys that I have in my tank, which grow like weeds. I have them growing in all different sizes and they're the same as those in the picture. Actually they're very common, so sorry, but they're not rare.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Grand Palys are a rarer paly. And usually sell for close to 50.00 a Polyp. So yes if they are these then yes they are rarer. If they turn out to be those common zoas you are talking about then no. By the way in over 16 years of keeping reefs I have never seen any common zoas, that you speak of. Post a pic Marrone

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Grand Palys are a rarer paly. And usually sell for close to 50.00 a Polyp.

Yes they are rare, especially cinnamon palys, just the ones in the picture aren't them. As for selling for $50 a polyp, well if you look around you'll find them for a lot cheap, including here.

By the way in over 16 years of keeping reefs I have never seen any common zoas, that you speak of. Post a pic Marrone

You must not have gotten around in your 16 years. You'll find a lot of people on the board have them, and they grow like weeds. When I get a chance I'll try and take a picture, I'll need to get a close up shot.

Last edited:

CrazyD

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
:wow: interesting. Hey Rob S. see what you started by giving me all that rock with the tank? LOL

@ marrone, I would like to see the pictures too and will keep trying to get a better picture of mine. It looks like one of the four I have may be a green one but it's at the rear of the rock and I can not get a good picture.

Whatever it may be, it's more than what I started with so I'm happy to have it. Should it turn out to be rare and I can grow it. I'm getting paid :joke:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: