CrazyD

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have 4 of them on two rocks. Zoas pictures I found did not really look like this one.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• What is it.jpg
    What is it.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 178

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
It looks like a Grand Paly and they are not weeds and people pay about 50 bucks apiece for them. They change colors as they get larger

the green ones are supposedly worth more than the brown or cinnamon ones. some people are also selling the "blue paly grandis" but it looks like a brown and white with a lot of actinics in the pic.(never seen one in person).

the green ones are slow grower but get huge. the big one in the pic is over 2" across. they grow bigger if fed occasionally. the cinnamon ones grow faster....just like any paly's or zoa's, the pretty ones are slow grower where the brown ones grow like weeds.

Attachments

• P3260372.jpg
    P3260372.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 87
  • P3260371.jpg
    P3260371.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 87

daaznmofo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
i still think it's one of those annoying ones. in some parts of the tank it was blue, brown and white, and another part it has a lil more green. speaking about the paly in my tank.
in op's pic, the polyp of the paly looks really thin. the grandis palys polyps are thicker even when they're babies.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
i still think it's one of those annoying ones. in some parts of the tank it was blue, brown and white, and another part it has a lil more green. speaking about the paly in my tank.
in op's pic, the polyp of the paly looks really thin. the grandis palys polyps are thicker even when they're babies.

+1

It's one of the Palys that grow like weeds. When they're small they look like that, I should know as they're all over my tank. When they're small the tentacles are shorter, they only get longer when they get bigger, and they do get very large.

Small Grandis Palys look nothing like that, bigger ones are way different, which you can see from the pictures that have been posted.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: