• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would go with the a.i vega honestly , it's 500 but worth your money. One can do the trick for your tank, I'm looking to purchase one during my frag tank build.

I don't think it is. The fact they still have no coverage in the 400-430nm region with their leds, and the fact that they still use the 2+ year old XPE/XPG Crees means that they don't do much research on what light corals actually need, and are instead profit driven. Adding on an AI director or controller adds even more money to it.

My friend used AI sols on his frag tank. It turns out, anything with red in it turned orange. His green and orange chalice turned green and bright red in my tank within 2 weeks using a good brand of these chinese leds. He sold the Sols after seeing that.

Why would you buy one of those, when these put out more PAR, with a better led selection, for almost 1/3rd the price? Its choosing the right led combo that is key.

jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I bought that same light fixture off eBay last year. Except I "splurged" for the dim able one. I would suggest you do the same. More flexible. Lights are good and bright. My tank houses similar corals (mostly lps) and everything is doing great

Only bad thing about the lights is the lack of settings or control. But for the eBay price you shouldn't expect features seen on $600 lights

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1364322220.930881.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1364322220.930881.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 91

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: