• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Just thought that i would put up a post about my experiences over the last two days with ecotech marine. I called up customer service on a whim after having my MP10 driver die on me. My all was answered by Tim. Tim gladly went over my issue with me. I had ordered a replacement driver in a panic the night before, in an effort to get one to me asap in the event that was my only option. Tim was able to confirm the driver was the likely culprit, warranty it for me, send me out another one next day fedex and arrange my refund and return for the driver I had ordered the night before. When the driver arrived this morning first thing, I had a slight issue getting it up and running again, a minor bug that I figured out. I the meantime Tim had offered to get my complete unit shipped back to them on their dime, to fully fix all possible issues. Again, after the unit was up and running, maybe 15 minutes later, the white porcelain covering around the shaft of my wet side had cracked and come apart. This was no issue and again, Tim is overnighting me a replacement wetside and even threw on a reman rf module for he trouble as I intend on purchasing a reeflink from them in a few weeks time. ALL THIS ON A unit that I purchased from a friend of mine and I believe was just out of warranty.
Now I know their products are pricey and you get what you pay for, but Tim and Ecotech Marine went over and above for me. I fully plan on being a loyal customer and sharing my pleasurable experiences with as many people in the hobby as I can. That is how you do customer service! Again, another huge thank you to Tim and Ecotech Marine!
If you have a story about their company, I'd love to hear it! I cannot say enough good things about this experience and encourage everyone that can, to support their company and buy their products. Not only because they're the best in the business, but because they actually care about their customers, something that in the days of outsourcing calls to India, I appreciate more and more. I know Tim has posted on here before and I hope this reaches him and or his superiors!

Thank you!

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I'm not sure if there are multiple Tim's at Ecotech, but if it was Tim Marks that you spoke to he is the CEO of the company, and obviously he takes care of his customers. Not many CEOs would deal with a technical issue.

Totally agree on the top notch service, but they have a service tech guy named Tim, so I doubt he spoke to the head honcho:)

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
O-Ring

I can't believe that that is the only way to get a new o-ring... You cannot order one through an authorized retailers store in person, or website with lower shipping? I'm sure if you called up customer service, instead of just placing the order online, that the guys over there would be more than happy to make something reasonable happen, especially if the o-ring failed because of no fault of your own.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Totally agree on the top notch service, but they have a service tech guy named Tim, so I doubt he spoke to the head honcho:)

Spoke to Tim also who helped me setup my radion and stayed on the phone with me well after he was logged into my computer just to make sure everything was working for me ..not to mention he was helping me from 4 pm till atleast 5:30pm (which is after there work hours)that's the only complaint I have is they are only there till 5pm...

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Although the company is big and growing faster than I can imagine... They're still just a few guys in a warehouse in PA. Tim told me that they've been quite busy lately, about 200 calls a day, handled between 4 guys. They answered the phone before 9 for me and if he stayed on the phone with you past 5, which is when I'm sure he gets off. Can't ask for much more from such a small company.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: