pweissma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I used a switch to turn off my pumps until I got a controller. With my memory twice I called my wife to check that I turned them back on. I would be giving too much to my cuc if I left my pumps running. This issue of an extra step for feeding makes a vortech a lot less attractive.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Just have all Vortech's and since they're wireless, they all turn on feeding mode when activating one. The best part is.. you don't need to remember to turn the pumps back on because they will resume normal mode in a few minutes automatically giving a net result of 1 less step!

One day you might forgot to turn your switch back on after feeding and realize the next day resulting in no flow

pweissma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I put my return pump, skimmer, and circulation pump into feed mode with my RKL. If I used a vortech I would need to put both the RKL AND vortech into feed mode separately and this just seems annoying. Do you guys leave your return pumps running when you feed?

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I put my return pump, skimmer, and circulation pump into feed mode with my RKL. If I used a vortech I would need to put both the RKL AND vortech into feed mode separately and this just seems annoying. Do you guys leave your return pumps running when you feed?

I have that issue, when I put my RKE in feed mode I have to go and put the vortechs into feed mode seperately which sucks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: