d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
I have taken tanks from my zip code to another and reused everything without deaths.

if you purchased such a bad algae problem I would keep fish in empty tank and put everything out to dry and setup what would be your main tank from scratch.

Pointless to inheret someone else's headaches when eventually you will have your own issues to deal with but if you want just keep the tank as is do water changes until nitrite and amonia are zero, if you truly have crabs and snails in the tank still alive then fish would survive as well.

Do you really want to fight hair algae and other issues from day one...

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
This is just another tank to mess around with to be honest lol.. I already have a main display tank was just using this tank for clowns and anenomes.. Like I said I ripped the tank down to the bottom, cleaned the algae on the glass, took out half of the old sand put half new in and dipped the rocks in fresh saltwater and then put them back into the tank. Cleaned filter sponges and put new carbon bags into the filter and set it up to run. I took out the cleaner crew and put them in my other tank, and took the fish out and put them in a QT for now until this tank is ready to go. It really shoulden't cycle much if at all.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: