ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
hey i just got my new mh light fixture. just wanted to know if leaving the glass on the light structure blocking the MH is better for protection from water, or does it hold back too much heat and risk hazard? i know they get extremely hot, its a 250w bulb, and there is a fan built in, but would it be better to take the glass off and put a fan near it to cool it off? its going under a canopy so its going to be hot under there. its going to be about 6 inches off the tank. just curious...

junglebase

Will always be a Newbie..
Rating - 99.4%
166   1   0
If the MH bulb is DE or HQI ... that glass shield should stay in place... (UV shield).. you can do away with it if the bulbs are Mogul or Single Ended...

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
alright sounds good. its staying on...but sadly im ready to break the structure already because it does not fit under my F'in Canopy
sAng_angry3.gif
so now i dont know what im going to do...

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
yeah i got that pro clear aquatics stainless steel stand and canopy, so its not like i can just chop the canopy up, im going to have to figure out a plan with this one....grrrr

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: