Alhely Ocampo

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have had my goby for about a month now and today I noticed it swimming up to the surface multiple times. Then later I found him swimming against the glass. A few minutes ago I saw him dashing into the sand and breathing heavy, he then fell to his side then swam into his cave and has been there for a while now. Im not sure whats wrong with him. I checked the water perimeters, everything is in normal range. I tried oxygenation the water by picking up their tank water then dropping it from a distance a few times. I also dosed a bit of prime, just incase my test kit is incorrect. He is the only fish acting strange. All the rest are fine.

I also did a water change about 3 days ago.

My tank has been established for 5 months now.

Attachments

• 20220203_183340.jpg
    20220203_183340.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 0

jjfriscia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Damn that could have been an internal parasite. Was the fish eating before it passed? If it was water quality issues the other fish would have been showing signs especially that angel. Also if you think your not getting good airflow into the tank make sure you have good agitation on the top of your water this will help with oxygen exchange. Point a power head to the surface.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: