nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
I'm just looking for some insight on some effective ways to advertise myself through business cards. My target market is basically my zip code.

Now I'm crazy enough to do it, but do you guys think handing out business cards door to door, like leaving them in peoples mailboxes would be a wise idea? Or am I just wasting my time and energy?

-Kris

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
B, I had a feeling about the mailbox thing. That's definately a no go. I'm assuming leaving it on the door or under the door, isn't much better and I imagine there are fines surrounding that as well.

I'm going to walk around the neighborhood asking businesses with card racks if I can leave mine there :). Thanks for the insight Brendan, you just saved me @$$:lol2:

Ny, it's a start up business, really small just looking for a way to make some cash on the side.

-Kris

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
You could do it the old fashion way, go to where the most people hang out in your area, and then strike up conversations with some people, try to lead them into a discussion on what they do or what your business is about and then hand them your business card.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Hey Kris, if you're looking to hand out business cards and promoting your idea, why the big secret on what product/service you're looking to promote?

You just hit upon 3500 members who might be able to help you.......AND you saved the time from going door to door ;)

R

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Kris, IMO handing out business cards randomly is a waste. There are discussion forums just like this one for just about everything. I would recommend running an ad on a high traffic website that is in your budget. You can build yourself a website very cheap as well. Limiting yourself to only your zip code will limit your business GREATLY.

I guess it really depends on what your business is :)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Kris also wanted to add the running very specific google ad words can be very effective. A couple of my friends have locksmith business's and get lots of jobs from ad words. Just a warning to keep it very specific or you will be at your budget very fast. Don't ask me how I know :(

i.e. Your Business Type and zip code

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: