KingNeptunesBounty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a 120 gallon aquarium that I'm looking to purchase heaters for. I was considering two 300 watt Marineland Stealth Visi-Therm heaters. I know these heaters are like staples in the aquarium hobby and they get the job done. Recently I have been reading about Titanium Heaters but the majority of these require seperate controllers that I plan on using in the future but not currently. Are their any benefits over these titanium heaters or should I just keep ip simple and use the marineland or another heater like Jager? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
No matter what heater you decide upon it should be run via a controller for safety purposes.

btw- I have a 120 and only run 2 x 100w heaters to keep the temp where I want.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I like the titanium also but I even had one of those blow up in my hand.. It looked like a generator exploded in my living room..

Attachments

• POS heater.jpg
    POS heater.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 82
  • exploded heater.jpg
    exploded heater.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
If you read past post you will see that Titanium heater can cause serious
injuries to you and your animals .Keep in mind they are some crappy heaters on the market .I use Rena,Visi-Therm Deluxe,Ebo-jager fully
submersible.Choosing the wattage will depend on how low the temp. falls in the colder months and water volume. As Kathy stated ,you can use two small heaters instead of a large one.

kaOzGrUnT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I used the ViaAqua Titanium Heater for about a year and a half, when I needed to transfer my fish from one tank to the other I came across the Stealth Visi-therm and that's the one I am currently using, Both are great. I am breaking down the old tank and at this moment I haven't replaced the Stealth with the Titanium.
Both are great, just be ready to pay the $$$$

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
...No matter what heater you decide upon it should be run via a controller for safety purposes....

+1

I bought a ReefKeeper LIght controller for $99 new after being recommended from MR. It's great for the heater, chiller, fan, lighting, etc. Highly recommend a controller.

PS. I recommend 2 heaters for display tank and 1 heater for sump. Yes, you can get 1 heater for everything, but I would not want to go that way.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: