skrypin

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, guys! I've got a huge problem - my acuarium was overheated and part of stones with corals turned from purple to grey. Please, somebody, advise what I've got to do to save the rest of them! Thanks.

wayne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
do you have a sump and what type of skimmer do u have in it most times a fan faced directly on the area with the biggest pump will keep it cool.
over the next couple of month's it will be getting more hot so a chiller with a good controller will be a real plus for your tank.......

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
that sucks. im really sorry dude. if you are really in a bind and think you have any chance of saving anything, you can put some icecubes in 2 ziploc bags (make sure they dont leak, maybe tape the seam of the inner bag) and it will bring down the temp, though depending on the size of the tank, and the number of icecubes you have, it might take a little while. just be careful not to lower the temp too far too fast as you dont want to shock anything. i know that doesn't make a lot of sense, but...

I really wouldn't wash the stones. i would just remove any coral that is obviously dead, as it will keep decaying, and do a few large (25-50% if you can swing it)waterchanges over the next few days. i would also keep testing the water pretty much daily until things get back to normal.

the other members have made some good suggestions about how to keep your temp in check in the future.

other than that, the coralline algae (the purple stuff) will come back once your tank stabilizes.

Last edited:

skrypin

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys, ysterday I started to chill the water till todays morning, usually I keep the air conditioner running, but this time became an oops, I also did a little bit of water change, I had a lot of mashrooms they were all over the place tried to got them as much as I could, so anybody knows if the particles ofthem will assist somewhere and regrow again (thats what Im afraid the most)

autoponicz