SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hello everyone! New to the site just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. :bagfish: My name is andrew, I'm from New Jersey, I'm 25 been reefing for about a year now and I'm completely addicted. Mainly into zoas. Check my profile for my list of polyps, corals, and types of fish. Can't wait to go to my first frag swap this weekend with you guys!! I also Hope I can help out as much as I'm going to need help :P look forward to speaking and meeting with you guys and gals! :bagfish::bagfish::bagfish::bagfish::bagfish:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
hey andrew! I am a zoa guy also im 22. Now got bit by the SPS bug so im getting really into them. Also me and my girlfriends first time at the swap too. Nice little collection you got there.! What type of tank you got going on?

SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanx Rob :) I am also bringing my girlfriend :P It's 120G mixed reef I'm going to try and post some nice shots of it tomorrow. Just rearranged some of my rock and took a few of my big colony's out to make room for all my polyps! :) can wait till Sunday hope to see a few new pieces for my tank :) how about you?

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
120G thats our next and last upgrade till a 300G >.< :P the new upgrade we have is already packed out :eek: i told her we should of went a 90 or 120G lol now she wants to go bigger, But anyways. What type of lighting and stuff you using right now?

SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
300 gallon!!! One day maybe :) I use 2 400 watt metal halides with 20K bulbs. some people say leds, I say Metal halides!! :P I'm considering adding another 400 or maybe just a 250 watt :P can never have to much light! Can you!? Lol

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
my girlfriend is wayyy into MH right now but Led's are pretty good and do great for growth and color also, well to a point that is. But im starting to think MH cause im getting into SPS allot but i dont think i will go that route . We shall see!

SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thank you arnaldolex! i kinda like this world!
Thank you scott! NJ all day :P
Thank you Dubs! YES MH all day!! :D i had a 14K bulb in there but i didnt like how white it was, so i put my 20K's back in. i heard that the lower the K the faster the coral will grow, and the more K the more color they will have, so i was considering going lower in K but im happy with my coral growth.. have you read anything on that dubs?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: