GrimReeferrr

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Altho i do think some people go crazy with what they put in there tank alot of people on MR go crazy when it comes to tangs in smaller tanks. I have a hippo yellow tang and a foxface in a 75 gallon and im sure ill even get criticized for that. There perfectly happy and healthy in the tank. You need a 120 gallon for a yellow tang or a hippo give me a break.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
a tang truelly shouldnt be in any tank less then 6' in lenght, they need lenght not width or height, ive broken the tang rule several times myself, ive always gotten them small, yellows, hippo's, clown, mimic, all usually around 1-3" takes about 3 months before i am netting them and getting rid of them, really have my eye on a 2" edible mimic at my lfs, but i know the routine few months later i am tearing tank apart to catch it, i dont really have a nano a 60g cube, funny part most people comment a tank isnt big enough or debate it, but is the tank a reflection of the type of area it came from ? is it a cliff dweller ? high light ? low light ? temp ? size of tank shouldnt be the only concern people have, diet as well

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: