aborrero4u

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I know the seaclone 100 is a waste of money, but for now, I rather this then nothing, My question to some one who has dealt with this skimmer, is how do I exactly set it up underneath my tank? Do I need to have a small sump underneath? Any clear advice would be much appreciated. I have a 72 bow front. But have yet to get a sump, should I just go by a ten gallon for now at petland?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
My understanding of this skimmer is that it is either 1) Hang on the back or 2) Stick it in the sump ... so to answer your question, there is no way to put it underneath the tank to hide it ... with out have an extra body of water down below (your sump)

So if you can get a sump ... or an extra tank for now ... I would do it.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I had one for 3 months then on the 4 th of july it meet the fire crackers. In order to make it sump ready you either have to modify the j tube that it connects to the actual skimmer or have a high water level in the sump enough that the power head is going to be covered to process the water. My advice is chuck it and buy a better skimmer, but for now until you do let it hang on the tank to do its job.

aborrero4u

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I had one for 3 months then on the 4 th of july it meet the fire crackers. In order to make it sump ready you either have to modify the j tube that it connects to the actual skimmer or have a high water level in the sump enough that the power head is going to be covered to process the water. My advice is chuck it and buy a better skimmer, but for now until you do let it hang on the tank to do its job.

Thanks for the info, thatx exactly what I wanted to know.

Alex

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: