autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Autotopoff.com

people try to make auto top offs more complicated than they have to be.

true that....
im using a 5g garbage can connected with a 1/4" bulkhead made for r/o line...ran the line to a mini float valve on my sump....the resevior is higher than the sump so gravity just does what it does best....no electricity used....no float switch that malfunctions...i perodically clean the float valve to prevent cloggs.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
what do you mean by leak? i'm using a jbj ato and it works fine. no mishaps <knock on wood> bought it used, cheap, and in great condition

I tried to use my ro straight out of the box with a ATO, and all the seems on the unit were leaking from the pressure...
As soon as I get around to it I will plumber's tape all the seems and try again..
But that wasn't the first ro system that I have seen this happen with..

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
true that....
im using a 5g garbage can connected with a 1/4" bulkhead made for r/o line...ran the line to a mini float valve on my sump....the resevior is higher than the sump so gravity just does what it does best....no electricity used....no float switch that malfunctions...i perodically clean the float valve to prevent cloggs.

Sounds nice do you have pics???

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: