albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
IMO, a minimum post count shouldn't apply to members that want to buy. It should be geared more towards people that want to sell. Just to keep some honesty.

IM personal O...there are deals to be had from people that come on just to sell their stuff and get out of the hobby! If their prices are too high, they are usually 'blasted' by members and are given a reality check!
If we didn't allow them to post here, they'd be on Craigslist. Often these people have been on MR, but have not previously signed up/posted. I, myself, was 'lurking' for over a year before I signed on.

If you think/know of someone that is selling for a profit (stealth vendor) please report them, we'll keep an eye on them... our 'real' vendors support this site and are the reason the site and swaps are successful! For livestock and new equipment they should be your 'go to' people, whenever possible.

peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
IM personal O...there are deals to be had from people that come on just to sell their stuff and get out of the hobby! If their prices are too high, they are usually 'blasted' by members and are given a reality check!
If we didn't allow them to post here, they'd be on Craigslist. Often these people have been on MR, but have not previously signed up/posted. I, myself, was 'lurking' for over a year before I signed on.

our 'real' vendors support this site and are the reason the site and swaps are successful! For livestock and new equipment they should be your 'go to' people, whenever possible.
I guess the good outweighs the bad then. Its understandable.
I "lurked" for a while as well. I had never been on a forum and wasn't quite sure how everything worked. Now, I feel much more comfortable. I have met some really great people here and I have learned a lot. Thank you MR.
From what I've seen and heard, the vendors here are top notch. Most seem to stand behind their sales/products.<<< sometimes a rare quality in the business world.

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously! This is so foolish. Let me see if I understand, if someone is selling you something that you need at a good price, you are going to care if its a first post or a 1000th post? This is the most insane thing I have ever heard. This is a free site do you really want to regulate it to the extreme. Please relax look at your tank it is suppose to relieve stress.

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my point is we live in a society of over regulation. The more we regulate the more we lose as a society. Something as simple as this site need not be over complicated with rules and regulations. With a simple click of next you can avoid any post that you don't like (for whatever the reason) or you find offensive. It's not that complicated.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Ok so my point is we live in a society of over regulation. The more we regulate the more we lose as a society. Something as simple as this site need not be over complicated with rules and regulations. With a simple click of next you can avoid any post that you don't like (for whatever the reason) or you find offensive. It's not that complicated.

LOL ain't that the truth. I wish that there was a next button on all parts of life not just here on MR! Some rules are good. But too many rules just complicates things! :)

OH and I am following Alfie's rule I have over 1000 posts! Another rule UGGGG LOL

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: