Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
So Friday night my wife and I arrived home after shopping at Costco in L.I.C. As I am parking, I see this couple getting out of an SUV with a cat carrier. So I ask them if they are trying to catch a cat( there are many in the cemetery near our house) and this dude tells me "No, we are dumping our cat off here, we are moving and our new landlord doesn't allow cats, he's allergic." I exploded, wife had to tame me, I wanted to smash this dude's skull in with a cinderblock. Long story short...the cat is now in my kitchen separated from my other cats (for those of you that don't know me, I do cat rescue from ACC in NYC) because our 3 permanent cats don't do well with new adults being brought to the house. They are fine with kittens, but adults tend to screw up the heirarchy. She is super sweet, but terrified and so confused. I will put up pics later if anyone wants to foster or adopt her. She does not belong in a shelter, she is a housecat. Whenever I see her or interact with her, I get all choked up thinking about how these animals were ready to throw a companion they had for 7 YEARS onto the street...then I want to find that dude and -nevermind.

Missy Johnson

Masta of Disasta
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ah the good old 'disposable pet' routine. I foster for Anjellicle (we pull cats from the ACC). I watched a woman surrender her entire collection of pet birds yesterday to turn around and try to adopt a cat from us.

Please put up some pics. Did you find out if she is spayed? How is her health otherwise that you can tell?

Is she declawed?

Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Okay- Happy Ending!!! I brought the cat, along with one of mine, to be looked at by the ACC vet. As I am walking in, a woman walking out of the shelter says"Oh what a beautiful cat!!!'...1 hour later, Olivia was adopted. Just that simple!!! The woman was looking for an older cat to adopt, the shelter had none she could take today, and we showed up at the right time. The shelter vet checked the cat out, she was perfectly fine, and the woman left with her new cat:) The End:)

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Jeff you are a hero, you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat animals. I was happy to read this story. How are the kittens doing? They were so cute.
BTW, your tank is doing well. LR is finally starting to smell normal. Hopefully I will be getting the new tank soon and I will return yours asap. :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: