Chapz

Chap Attack Begin!!!!!
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I just noticed a problem with a couple of fish in my display tank.
My 2"blue devil damsel is harrassing my 3"algea blenny. I the damsel kept following the algea blenny and smashing into it. The blenny looked exhausted swimming away. I was able to catch the algea blenny and move it to my sump temporarily but i dubt its gonna last. It didnt fight at all when i went to get it. I cant catch the damsel since its pretty quick and keeps darting into the rock work for cover. I would really not like to take the tank apart for one fish.
I tried the food in a bottle trick but none of the fish swim into it.

Any suggestions?

smackoww

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make sure the room the tank is in is pitch black, then at 3am, you can try 2 things, 1: turn on your tank lights which will stun the fish for a few minutes. or hunt it with a flashlight.. but the tank lights method worked for me. i snagged two 3 striped damsels that way

Chapz

Chap Attack Begin!!!!!
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
make sure the room the tank is in is pitch black, then at 3am, you can try 2 things, 1: turn on your tank lights which will stun the fish for a few minutes. or hunt it with a flashlight.. but the tank lights method worked for me. i snagged two 3 striped damsels that way

I tried looking for the damsel when the lights are off and all the fish are hiding in rock crevices. I'd rather just get a trap.

FLOEDOG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i have a fish trap, let me know if you need it i will let you borrow it. i tried to get my damsel out of my tank & it didnt work, i put the trap in for a week & my clown would hang out in it. i my damsel was bothering my wrasse. after i put the trap in the damsel calmed down & started to leave the wrasse alone.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: