Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Yeah I here u I EMma get an led for my 75 gallon frag tank which is 36x18x20 if I like them then I would use it on my main 120 and get another one so I guess I'm kindda trying to make sure I can use the frag tank led on my main if I decide to go that route .

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
No its not but I was thinking at one time to throw 400 watt halides on the tank ,I figured if I can always tune the leds down ,but will still have an option for more if I wanted ,I'm sure 250 watt is more than enough

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
let me start by saying I run 250w radiums on my frag tanks and have been running T5's on mt DT for the last 3 or so years before that radiums.

I just installed the vertex 200 series my tank is 27 inches. First of nothin g has ever looked more like a radium then this lite. If you told me it was a MH Radium I would 99% believe it. I talked with a bunch of reps and sales people before my purcase I was concerned with the tank depth and planning to by the 260 series but decided agains it after my conversations.

This light is fan tastic plenty of power for a deeper tank and the ability to program from the lap top makes getting it just right perfect. I have seen alot of other LEDs and im super happy with my choice. for color and output its just great and more then enough. I even have a magnifica under it np.

then add in the programming .. the expandability.. the easy to replace circut board design with extra slot for more light and more colors. Im seriously blown away. the sunrises and sets the moon rises and sets it is in sync with the moon outside for added neat factor add in clouds lightening and if looks great and the config file is easy to share so cool to check out other guys light setups. also you can cycle 24hrs in 3 minutes to see how it will look like with a new program.

i am becoming a more and more a fan of vertex and the light looks awesome.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
two different sources of light, main difference with LEDs is that they can appear a lot less bright than MH but pack a much bigger wallop

That's true. My cree DIY light pack way more PAR than 400W Metal Halide, but still lacks some spectrum MH provides. Hopefully this will change with my new built, but as you see wattage is not the only thing that defines a good light source.

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
let me start by saying I run 250w radiums on my frag tanks and have been running T5's on mt DT for the last 3 or so years before that radiums.

I just installed the vertex 200 series my tank is 27 inches. First of nothin g has ever looked more like a radium then this lite. If you told me it was a MH Radium I would 99% believe it. I talked with a bunch of reps and sales people before my purcase I was concerned with the tank depth and planning to by the 260 series but decided agains it after my conversations.

This light is fan tastic plenty of power for a deeper tank and the ability to program from the lap top makes getting it just right perfect. I have seen alot of other LEDs and im super happy with my choice. for color and output its just great and more then enough. I even have a magnifica under it np.

then add in the programming .. the expandability.. the easy to replace circut board design with extra slot for more light and more colors. Im seriously blown away. the sunrises and sets the moon rises and sets it is in sync with the moon outside for added neat factor add in clouds lightening and if looks great and the config file is easy to share so cool to check out other guys light setups. also you can cycle 24hrs in 3 minutes to see how it will look like with a new program.

i am becoming a more and more a fan of vertex and the light looks awesome.

Damn... Arati I'm sold.... I'm ready to pull the trigger on SR260 4' :lol_large

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
300_reef_fauna.jpg

8' 300gal reef lit entirely by 4x 100w Orphek DIF units with 60 degree optics. I had SPS growing on the sand about 4' from the light. These are rated as 400w replacements and they are working on a 1,000w replacement for one of our larger jobs. They also have a 50w (250w equivalent) and a 30w (150w). We only use these lights on our installs now and the new XP units have the UV and the magenta chips added in so you don't need supplementation.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: