JarviZ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There's no logic in any borough except manhattan! I like kissena aquariums. Small and tidy but with a whole bunch of livestock. Prices seem about right and customer service is awesome.

I was just wondering has anybody been to fish stores were you would never go back to again?

I'm not going to name them but this store only sells large pieces of corals I don't know if its the lighting or water but they all look like unhealthy. Corals are way overpriced. No frags. Fish prices seem on par but the stock is a hit or miss. they were selling a cleaner for about 25 and a peppermint for 13. Of course I bought the cleaner on impulse like an idiot, but that was the last time i'm going there.

irvp13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Have any of you go to Paradise aquariums? Its in fresh pond road between woodbine and gates I believe.
I went there once because my return pipe broke and they had what I needed to get back up. Great service, one of the guys even held the pipe for me while I was cutting some of it with their saw that I had borrowed.

I didnt have time to check the prices but the live stock wasnt bad, not many corals but a decent selection of fish.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Paradise is OK for fish and snails, some other inverts, but terrible for corals and clams. They keep all of that in one big central tank, overgrown with Valonia....I may have seen Aiptasia too, but its been awhile since I was there. Except for the mushrooms, none of the corals look healthy and the one time I saw a clam it was seriously bleached...just about pure white. Good selection of snakes though...................

darod850

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I was at Kissena Aquarium on Sunday looking for some lps frags. I couldn't find anything interesting. Most of the frags are sps and the rest are large and overpriced pieces. If you buy something from them, dipping is a must. The tanks don't look well taken care off. Fish were healthy except one hippo gasping at the bottom of the tank and not moving but it may happen. Maybe it was not a good day to visit this place. Large selection of fish by the way.

I visited that store for the first time a week ago, the tanks do seem unkept, but its common with these small basement stores (specially in queens), I know which tang your refering too and he was doing the same thing.

I thought the buy 3 get 1 free frag deal was pretty good, although one of the ones i got never opened up on me, eventually my crabs had their way with it. Also they dont tax you if you pay in cash.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: