Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats worked for me in those cases is mixing live brine and frozen mysis and feeding several times a day this way. If they start eatting the frozen mysis here and there you can use less live brine each time and get them to completely accept frozen mysis. Depending on the fishs size PE mysis is larger and hikari mysis is smaller. I would probably start with hikari mixed with live brine 3 times a day. Getting 250 live mysis is nothing, and IMO would be money wasted.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have herd that brine has no nutrientional value to them. Do you just add photo to the container and they eat it, then feed, or do you have to set up a tank just for brine?

Buy live brine from the LFS, you can hatch brine shrimp eggs either in a inverted 2 liter soda bottle with an airline in it for water movement but freshly hatched brine is tiny so you really need some larger live brine which in my area would be easier to by at my LFS. My LFS sells live brine portions for 2.99 or something like that. The idea with mixing the mysis is to try to get them on a more nutritional diet but something is better then nothing and like Tom said you can gut load the live brine with selcon or a similiar product.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you been, i agree with the money thing and will go to the lfs today and get it all to fatin them up. thank you everyone for their help. i will get some pics posted so u all can see. THANKS AGAIN

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: