jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I have been wanting to upgrade from my 60 cube ever since hurricane sandy hit. The problem is that I just purchased all the equipment one month prior to storm and I would take a huge loss selling everything off. A 90 cube would allow me to use all the same equipment so it would be the most cost effective upgrade at the moment.

My question is which 90 gallon tank/stand should I go with? I do not want to wait a long time for a build nor do I want to spend $2k. Any ideas or advice is appreciated.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I agree. Those tanks are really nice. Theyre built very well and I like the dimensions. Plus, you can use a canopy so the MH/T5 combo won't spill light into your room.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
After speaking with Marineland to find out glass thickness (vortech mp10s won't work), they let me know that they will be coming out with a 90 rimless cube which will be available soon. Going to order one. In the mean time I will get salt, sand, and upgrade vortechs.
My 30 gal frag tank will be running separately during the transfer so that can be a holding tank for the fish, and corals + rock will go in a rubbermaid for a few hours. Hopefully things go smooth :)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
No cube upgrade for me. I am having a dilemma with the stand. The ventura stand is only 26" high. I am pretty tall and never would want a display so low. If I go higher I won't be able to get it through the doorframe 29"

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: