• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Hi guys/gals! Here's another one that I am in need of help with an identification.
I just saw these today there appears to be 3 small clusters of them. All near or under my Harley! I've had the harley a couple of months since I picked it up from Witold. I had not fed it starfish because I needed it to wipe out my tank of the asterinas. Since I only seen a couple of asterinas I gave the Harley a leg off of a chocolate starfish earlier this week which it pounced on of course.:)
Now this evening I saw these small 1/8" of an inch starkly white baby teeth like things.

Can someone tell me what they are please? Are they shrimp poop, or eggs? Seem kind of big for either of the two.

Attachments

• UFO in reef by Harlequin shrimp 002.jpg
    UFO in reef by Harlequin shrimp 002.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 159
  • UFO in reef by Harlequin shrimp 008.jpg
    UFO in reef by Harlequin shrimp 008.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 165

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thanks for trying fishman! You are right they do look like little white pebbles!!!!! Thing is I don't have pebbles in my reef, and these just showed up yesterday.
I see the harley sitting on some which makes me wonder if they are eggs. But I can't see the harley laying such large eggs.
I know the pics suck, but that was the best I could do.:( In any case they are the shape you see, white as you can see, small and smooth. Some are shaped like human baby teeth.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
ROFL that is a great pic, those are part of a starfish. They are calcareous pebbles that make up part of the sarfish's "skeleton". Without the Harley in the pic it might have been a question but with him standing over "the body" it becomes more obvious.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
ROFL that is a great pic, those are part of a starfish. They are calcareous pebbles that make up part of the sarfish's "skeleton". Without the Harley in the pic it might have been a question but with him standing over "the body" it becomes more obvious.

I knew you would know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flower:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: