Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Welcome to the MR family!!! As you see all are welcomed!

Very nice reef you have there!! How about doing a tank thread, lets see what we can learn from your system.

Sorry for your loss of last summer and congratulations on not giving up.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Welcome to MR. Your tank is wonderful. I was wondering how long you have had the P. ventralis? Any husbandry info would be greatly appreciated for this notoriously difficult species.

As Jhale has already noted, MR has become increasing international and we are very happy about that. If you haven't seen it already, I'd like to draw your attention to the latest issue of Reefs Magazine--our humble in-house publication that features the work of some of our far-flung friends. http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/magazineadmin.php?do=issue&issueid=2

Enjoy your stay.

Randy

LiquidSky

Lost Norwegian reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Killerdrgn:

On Deltec softline:
Giesemann infinity with
3x 250W Giesemann megachrome coral
2x 80W T5 (Korallenzucht fiji purple + giesemann aquablue)

Giesemann razor with
2x 80W (Giesemann actinic+ and Giesemann pure actinic)

On A-M percula:
Giesemann infinity with
1x 250W Giesemann magachrome coral
4x 80W T5 (3x giesemann actinic+ and 1 giesemann pure actinic.
----

Marki24: Cool that you have your roots in Norway!
Sweetsop: You are actually Norwegian? Alts? du snakker norsk?

Davidl919:
The orange shoulder is the most calm and "friendly" of the acanthurus spp. It is swimming with an Acanthurus achilles and zebrasoma rostratum. Never even seen a real fight with the olivaceus.

Timbo: there is sand all over the bottom, but very thin under the rocks. The reason is seems bare on the middle is that there is 48000 litres (12680 gal) blow which makes the sand move some. So I move sand back to that area now and then.

Awibrandy: I will make my own tank thread (most likely today)

Prattreef: I have not had ventralis for long, a little less than a year. But my tank water is never warmer than 24-25C (75-77F) Which is quite essential for that species. I cant get in the reef magazine: LiquidSky, you do not have permission to access this page.

And to the rest of you: Thanks for the nice words and warm welcome.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: