Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Thank you

Thank you!!!
You guys are just as helpful as, if not better than, last time we met. Thanks for the help and the hand truck. The hand truck saved my day as my helper just come out of the surgery and cannot move anything heavy. Your guys coming out to my truck to help unload is something unheard of from any other club swaps and meet. Whenever issue related to water, you guys are also extremely helpful. I am grateful to you guys as always.
Once again,
THANK YOU!!!

You guys rocks!!!
The show is well organised IMO, especially the organiser have to fight with all the tight rules of the premise.
The name tag with schedule-a plus in organisation-I found I always have to go back to remind myself of what to do next.
The availability of a handtruck for general use-a plus in organisation adn thoughtfulness.
The cost of attending workshops have been kept down by staying in the trade show floor-love to hobbyists:inlove:.
I personally love the banquet and secretly ate 3 appetitizers:tongue1:. If the speaker has not hold back so much-it would be excellent banquet. I went thru the whole TV series of the mystery and expect him to leak some more secrets that was never shown. Well, I guess we have to go for the book.
I would love to see more foreign manufacturers such as the European Tunze, Elos, Euroreef and .... would have come. Of course, I wish to see the products from Japan, Hong Kong and China who have many products that I want to chat with their product managers.

Products
One product that raised my eye brows is Instant Ocean(hehe, not the salt) gel food. I am testing it now. My fish look at them as if they are from outer space but then go after it just like any frozen food. You don't have to freeze it for storage!!!
The most awaited(at least in my perspective) ESV INSTANT INSTANT SALT. It was said that we can use the mix in 5 minutes!!! But so sad, Stark told me that he will be releasing it Nov. I will for sure to catch him in the the next MR swap.
Huge skimmers everywhere-you can stand in them.
Vortech MP 20, you would love the entry price point-ONLY $210(correct me) You should see how much wave it is making.
As for the lighting front, there isn't much advancements-be it MH, T5(fluorecense) and the LEDs. Most new products are just a mix of some old ideas but yet comprehensive enough to make a striking inroad. In fact, I can see some older technology fading already. The influx of numerous LED products also make product selections murkier than ever. Each LED product I seen in the show has major pitfalls-mine being too urgly, some being too under power, some choice of material is so very questionable and some simply is designed wrong. However, a standard of controlling LED lighting is emerging from controllers-the Profilux and the Neptune System AquaController Apex(I have to verifty this one as couple of us have different understanding of what these units can do.) I just wished their reps have been more informative.

A side note: This is furthest reef show I ever attended. I left at 2:00pm but only to find myself arriving the destination at 12:00am. I rode 10 hours travalling just from NYC to AC. :tongue1: I have to frame the Maryland, Delware toll tickets to remind myself of this unbelievable Tour de NJ(unintend trip though):shhh:

Finally, I must thank you all those who have dropped by my booth and especially those who gave me encouraging words.

Conclusion: GREAT SHOW

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
?????????
I am so ashamed to tell you that my driver help went from Flushing(NYC to Allentown/NJ(town of the Ecotech guy) when I woke up. Then I quickly realized something is wrong and offered him my doubt about the direction we are going but then he still miss every single exit and such to correct the situation. I have paid tolls for Maryland Turnpike, Delareware Turnpike and more (so one friend of mine in the conference said I should keep and frame the toll tickets to remind myself of this unbelievable trip.) Being out of sleep for 2 days prior to the travel, I was too tired to help in reading the signs and that I have paid him to do the job, I continue to delegate travel command to him. We travelled all around the NJ primeters before arriving AC. :shhh:

Last edited:

Phyl

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for all of the kind words and thanks to all who came out to enjoy the event. We had a great time hosting. It was great to see all of the planning come together.

Taking care of our friends is what we do, no thanks necessary! We were just glad you could make it!

a9reef

Reef Keeper
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
had a great time as a buyer =) i bought some AMAZING stuff.. my tank was overstocked before.. now it's DEF OVERSTOCKED! i learned a lot of stuff at the seminars/speeches... talked to some great vendors!

only sad part is that i would have to fly down to FL for next years show =(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: