d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
I own a mag 5, mag 7, mag 12, mag 18 and just sold my mag 24.

I do see a bit of rust on the mag 18 I am currently using and after reading this thread I called the manufacturer.

Danner indicated the following: Danner does not recommend plastic screws on its pumps. Danner indicated that they do hear about screws rusting but that it takes years to happen and they are right, the mag 18 i am using is 7 years old and it's just starting to rust.

Danner recommends that owners perform regular maintainance on the pumps, meaning take them out a few times a year and clean them and use a proper fitting screwdriver and this will prevent rust.

Danner is being nice enough and sending me original screws for all of my pumps free of charge.

Again, they have heard of the problem and indicate it takes years to occur and can be controlled with regular maintenance.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I own a mag 5, mag 7, mag 12, mag 18 and just sold my mag 24.

I do see a bit of rust on the mag 18 I am currently using and after reading this thread I called the manufacturer.

Danner indicated the following: Danner does not recommend plastic screws on its pumps. Danner indicated that they do hear about screws rusting but that it takes years to happen and they are right, the mag 18 i am using is 7 years old and it's just starting to rust.

Danner recommends that owners perform regular maintainance on the pumps, meaning take them out a few times a year and clean them and use a proper fitting screwdriver and this will prevent rust.

Danner is being nice enough and sending me original screws for all of my pumps free of charge.

Again, they have heard of the problem and indicate it takes years to occur and can be controlled with regular maintenance.

This might be the case but what happens if you have a screw that rusts sooner. I have been running plastic screws with no problem for over two years in my mag24. Why take the chance. Just one less thing to worry about.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Danner send and I received all new screws for every single one of my pumps.

I went to home depot and picked up the Nylon screws, its 10-24 and only come in 1 inch I assume I will have to chop them down to 3/4 of an inch.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: