ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
That's why they call it a TEAM sport. 25 players are on the roster because one player can't play 8 positions and pitch too. Oh, and I've yet to see any team ever go 162-0. Loses are expected. Don't be too hard on your own team Nelson. Gotta give them a chance, only been 6 games (and 3-0 in their last 3 ;) )

Go Yankees

Russ

I wish I had your optimism Russ.Don't like seeing the same old getting in the playoffs and losing again then again no one expected St Louis to get in and win it all.

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Detroit looks good so far and scary for the playoffs for the Yanks.Didn't they expand the wild card this year?

6 games into the season Detroit looks scary in the playoffs? Really? So far Rivera should retire, Sabathia sucks and Detroit is going to beat them in the playoffs. Why do you even bother to watch the games if you know what's going to happen already? Just turn it on in October and you'll save yourself tons of time.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Robertson is gonna do fine as the closer.

I agree. My whole concern was Mo going out on his terms, not some freak accident he had no control over. I would have liked to see him go out with accolades and fanfare, like he deserves.

Recovery from ACL and meniscus surgery is tough at 24 years old. At 42 y/o it becomes a potential career ending 'recovery'....for the normal person. He's already proven he's not like the rest of us, so maybe 2013 will be his final year.

God speed Mo, we'll surely miss your presence.

Russ

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
?I am coming back,? he said. ?Put it down. Write it down in big letters. I?m not going down like this. God willing and given the strength, I?m coming back.?

And I have no doubt whatsoever he will. And he'll still buzz-saw people's bats into 100 pieces. And just when the talking heads say "oh his fastball is down to 89-90 he'll dissect the corner of the zone with a moving 94 that a poor hitter couldn't hit with a paddle. ACL recovery is horrendous, but if anyone can do it, he can. I would not be one bit surprised to see him activated for the postseason, unlikely as it is. His will is that strong.

Mariano Rivera is not a baseball player, he's a gift from God. Or the Force. Or whatever you believe in. He belongs in a list of athletes who transcend the sport they play in, who defy the rules of physics, statistics and physical accomplishment. The only comparable names are Ruth, Gehrig, Jordan, Gretzky, and Lemieux - unstoppable forces of nature and will. Machines, who just when you think they've done everything that there is to be done - do something else utterly mind blowing. At 41 - 41 ! - he saved 44 games, had a 1.91 ERA over 61 innings and struck out 60 against 8 walks. Just try to wrap your head around that. For a 22 year old phenom throwing 100 MPH that would be MVP worthy. A grizzled 41 year old? That's just not of this earth.

50 years from now my children and grand children will hear stories of the great Mariano Rivera. Never, ever again will you see something like this. Not in a lifetime.

mariano_rivera-627.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: