Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My fridge has a habit of freezing things, this time it wasn't the milk and it was the Marine Snow. Do I defrost it and still use it? Or simply trash it?

Either way is fine by me, but if I can use it I will... kind of seems pointless though with the freezing everything before trashing it theory though. Kind of sounds like I may have answered my own question, but for arguements sake, what do ya think?

reefkprZ

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt use it after freezing.

I honestly wouldnt use warm shelf Phyto/zoa/snow either. the micron size is often too large by the time it gets used because the phyto and flocculents all clump together making them too large for the organisms they are targeted for. OR they are dead samples and some of their nutrtion has deteriorated into the water and will only be available to absortion consumption organisms as well as being preservative laced, truly fresh phyto and zoa is the best route, though not always feasable, then refrigerated sample of live phyto with clear expiration dates, then you should go frozen zoaplankter such as cubed cyclops, daphnia, rotifers etc.

generally if its on a room temperature shelf in liquid at the store its pollution in a bottle more than a real benifit. IMO

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
There aren't any shelf feeds worth using. I have boxes of free samples from companies of the stuff because they insist on sending it with the rest of the additives I order. If it isn't refrigerated or frozen it is packed with all sorts of other stuff that you don't want in your tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: