vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
If you can find the German hammered aluminum reflector that is the best you can buy. No hot spots created with those. My personal favorite and the ones i use because of its small foot print in comparison to those giant pendants is the Lumen Max 2 which they dont make any more.
http://www.saltycritter.com/lighting/sunlight-supply/lumen-max-2-metal-halide-pendant-reflector.htm

+1, jackson6745 know the BEST reflectors, i got 3 Lumen Max 2, i just love it, i use to have one H.T. i give for free (NEW), far a way compare to Lumen 2, i pay $ 90 for one 250-400W ballast .
If, i was you, i will give up in T5, got some LED bar (Royal blue and purple), run Leds 2 hrs. b4 and after MH.

fishywoo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Matt the fixture is not hot but warm to the touch. Runs btwn 92 and 93 degrees with both 400 MH on. One other thing I might mention is that the glass cover only slides out from one end of the fixture. If you have enough room in the right direction then its okay. I modified mine so it comes out both ends. Hope that helps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: