cathym1078

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Be patient!! A wise man once told me :splitspin. I think you are off to a good start. Need to work on getting more live rock and doing some aquascaping. Also, try to cover the back with something so that you don't see all the tubes on the back. Plain black or blue will do. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I just read your thread. I like your tank very much. I also agree with others here that have adviced you to get the equipment for a reef from the on set since you stated you may very well go reef.;) If you don't spend it now, you will spend it later. So it will cost you double in the end.
With the wet/dry I would suggest you remove the bioballs and see if you can fit a protein skimmer in there.:)
And I agree with KathyC, dead rock will cycle. I got 100 lbs. of dead tonga & kaeli rock a few months back which I dumped into a bin with a power head, heater and a crappy skimmer and YES it cycled. The first stage ammonia was way of the charts - purely GREEN, thought I'd throught that out there.;) So do make sure to cycle any new rock you get in a seperate container...

What have you done about the light fixture? Sounds like you are good with your hands, perhaps you can build a canopy that you can sit the fixture on top of. That would also give you just the finishing touch on your set up. Sort of the crowning jewel.

I think you should get yourself some test kits of your own instead of relaying on your LFS so much. You will have better control of what is happening.
Best of wishes for a successfull build and welcome to our little family.:hug:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: