kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Seriously,

I don't think it matters right now because you really need to pull that plumbing to get that pump working properly :hug:, lol. I'm sorry. I know its tuff but unfortunately you still will get the same flow as before

But after you do that, above the waterline or slightly below doesn't really matter. I've always done it slightly above so I could see it and know its working. Only 1/16" above my waterline so I couldn't hear it much. But if you do it below you probably don't have to worry about salt creep clogging it. Its really just up to you, there's really no perfect answer on this one I think. Obviously, if you do it below, just don't go down too far beneath the waterline.

Thanks Paul....

Now about the syphon hole.. where exactly do i drill the hole ??
Soemone said below the water line.. ? Not sure where ???

janey

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Ok Folks I got lift off....

All is working properly.. Just hooking up the maniford and just let it cycle.

How long should i wait til i transfer my other tank into it ???

janey

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
It's been 2 weeks, Here are the latest pics.

DSC01985.jpg

DSC02025.jpg

DSC01988.jpg

janey

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Refugium in the back..
DSC02032.jpg

Also There's a DEAD area section over here on the right, i have a heater in there . I do have some overflow going in. but the bottom no movement. i have a small shell in there.
DSC02033.jpg

Not to sure what to do .. I was thinking of maybe putting some sand in there for another small DSB ???

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: