Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
After the blackout in upper Manhattan I met my wife to be and after getting married, quickly ran out of the funds to replace all of the livestock I lost. ;) I am looking to restock my tank with frags, in particular soft corals. If anyone has anything they are willing to sell/part with please let me know.

Also, I will be making an order soon, if I get enough people together I can trans-ship stuff directly from Fiji/Solomon Islands. (You can get a nice sized Acropora colony for under $20 when you factor in the freight and DOA's) Let me know.

-Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The average order when ordering from Solomon Islands is about $500.00. A box holds between 20 and 30 corals (Medium to large acroporas) Live rock is very inexpensive.

My number is: 212-763-1110 (Work, I also forward to my cellular when I am out)

-Alfredo

N

nio

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
hi Alfredo, guys,
hi would also be interested in acquiring some additional sps specimens - i try my best to use only aquacultured frags rather than wild colonies due to the environmental issue - do these source(s) you have also carry frags? i am mostly interested in non-acropora sps specimens (montipora, porites, ...). hopefully we will establish a trading ring sufficient enuf to avoid having to order transhipped, but in the mean while this sounds great, too many LFS selling with too much of a high markup on colonies these days ($90 - $200 for even established frags or small colonies!) i am in queens. :cool:

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Out of Solomon you can get frags, but I also recommend ordering small SPS colonies, less harmful to the reef than the larger colonies, and they generally come on "coral rubble" bases, which means that they would not have survived anyway. (In my experience, the small frags come on stuff like shells, small pieces of coral rubble, or small pieces of live rock)

I also believe that there are some incredible aquacultured clams out of Solomon. (It has been over 2 years since I last ordered, but last time they clams were AWESOME)

I could also order "tanked" stuff wholesale, which is more expensive than transshipping, but stuff tends to survive better, and you get a better choice (Solomon, Fiji, etc.)

-Alfred

L

LOVEMYREEF

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
hi alfred,

im also interested in your overseas order maybe you can email me with some of the details? And i can give you a piece of colt coral thats growing like wildfire.

[email protected]
Rick

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I called my old wholeseller, and he is going to email a list to me. Send me an email and I will email a copy once I get it. (I will make up a spreadsheet)

One thing to keep in mind is that when ordering trans-shipped product, you dont always get exactly what you order. If you order 2 small purple Acropora colonies you may get Montipora Capricornis if they run out of Acropora. They do this because the shipping is very expensive from the South Pacific and think it is better to fill a box than to waste the space.

BUT- I have received some pleasant surprises over the years. (Some REALLY cool "oddball" corals, which unfortunately died due to the blackout)

Also, if anyone that wants in on the order has a PH Meter it would really help us out in acclimating the corals when they arrive. (Better survival rate) My PH Meter died a long time ago.

-Alfred

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Sigh.....
closed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: