thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I just installed the new BETA Apex firmware. They did a great job cleaning up the status screen!! You can drag and drop the controls around where you want them, and the ones that you dont want on the screen you can remove them.

They also have an offical Android App that I will be installing next... (DOH not released yet)

newneptunefirmware.jpg

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Can I ask,what is BETA and how can harm the tank? Thanks

BETA means it is not ready for prime time and is still being tested. It is released for users to test. It can malfunction (incorrect reading etc) which in turn can harm the tank. For example if it reports incorrect temp or pH and you have stuff set to do something for that.

However, neptune if fairly responsible and responsive to issues. So use it, but at your own risk ;)

Sunny

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
BETA means it is not ready for prime time and is still being tested. It is released for users to test. It can malfunction (incorrect reading etc) which in turn can harm the tank. For example if it reports incorrect temp or pH and you have stuff set to do something for that.

However, neptune if fairly responsible and responsive to issues. So use it, but at your own risk ;)

Sunny

I see! Thank you!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: