ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0

Guys, I have been running this setup for close to 2 years without a single problem. I explained in a prior post the possible issues and how to avoid them. For clarification I run a single pump to feed all the above and it works flawlessly. Just be sure when planning to get all of your head pressure calculations right. If you need help pm me. And please get a backup pump!!!!! In addition, do get high quality true unions for the input and output. You will thank me later.

Thane

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0

Guys, I have been running this setup for close to 2 years without a single problem. I explained in a prior post the possible issues and how to avoid them. For clarification I run a single pump to feed all the above and it works flawlessly. Just be sure when planning to get all of your head pressure calculations right. If you need help pm me. And please get a backup pump!!!!! In addition, do get high quality true unions for the input and output. You will thank me later.

Thane

WOW THANE, stop taking unathorized pictures of fish store back rooms!!!

WOW, nice filtration setup, very nicely setup!!!! good for you, must make life a lot easier.

I intend to get all fittings including unions from Home Depot, should I be shopping elsewhere?

ebazyhym.jpg

I got this crazyness going on for my setup. Looks a little unorganized because of the wires but it's a pretty neat plumbing system. It runs off of a Reeflo Hammerhead, relatively quiet given its size. All going bye bye soon though :(

But to add...this has been running for close to 3.5 years with no issues

Last edited:

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
WOW THANE, stop taking unathorized pictures of fish store back rooms!!!

WOW, nice filtration setup, very nicely setup!!!! good for you, must make life a lot easier.

I intend to get all fittings including unions from Home Depot, should I be shopping elsewhere?

Fittings meaning elbows and straight runs are fine however check this site out for hard to find manifolds.

http://flexpvc.com/

And these are nice True unions

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/cepex-ball-valve-1.html

Thane

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
ebazyhym.jpg

I got this crazyness going on for my setup. Looks a little unorganized because of the wires but it's a pretty neat plumbing system. It runs off of a Reeflo Hammerhead, relatively quiet given its size. All going bye bye soon though :(

But to add...this has been running for close to 3.5 years with no issues

Cant u keep all the plumbing with your downgrade? So much work

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
The pump I intend to use is the Jabeo DC12000 due to the feed mode option. Already ordered it but still have time to cancel, i have been waiting for a month and it will take another month or two.

I just cant find any external pumps that put out 3000gph and are silent.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: