Marek-S

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I was just wonder what everybody use this days to test potassium ?
I liked Salifert test - easy and quick , but they are not available anymore !!!
I did try to use the Red Sea , but it takes forever !!! , didn't really like it and didn't really try any other tests ---- I'm just curious if somebody else did ?

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I was just wonder what everybody use this days to test potassium ?
I liked Salifert test - easy and quick , but they are not available anymore !!!
I did try to use the Red Sea , but it takes forever !!! , didn't really like it and didn't really try any other tests ---- I'm just curious if somebody else did ?

I got the same problem, i can find Salifert, i got also Red Sea (pain in the neck) i see Elos but i don't like it, very confuse the colors.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I see a dif. when Potassium level go down (330 ppm or even 350 ppm) in special when use cheap salt ( low in Potassium ) that the reason i stick w/ESV ( around 400 ppm), blue is NOT the same Blue, Purple is NOT the same Purple , etc. i can see a way better color just by have it 400-410 ppm Potassium ( like NW salt). Zeovit is dif. i guess the Zeolite Rocks strip a lot of K.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
With Zeovit they say it's the needle wheel skimmers .. People running Zeovit with Beckett style skimmers don't have the problem with potassium being stripped from the water

You maybe right. C/P from Zeovit forum.

G.Alexander G.Alexander ?ثe???u
ZEOadmin

If the concentration in the salt mx you use is low already it will be difficult to keep the level stabile. Would recommend you to check the concentration of your salt. Another problem from my experiences are overrated needle wheel simmers which do remove potassium. To be really sure it might also make sense to cross check your potassium test kit with a different one.

Anyways if your corals are doing fine, showing good growth and color I would just dose some potassium from time to time.

G.Alexander

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: