cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I have a Reef Octopus CR70 calcium reactor and two dosing pumps for my reef angel. Is it worth setting up the CR70 and using the dosers for alk & mag or should I skip the reactor and use the pumps for two part and dose mag by hand? The reason I was thinking of setting up the reactor is because one I have it and two I am considering getting another ARID that the reactor can run through.

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I would say dose Alk and Ca with the dosing pumps and Mg by hand. Why would you run a calcium reactor through an arid? plenty of people out there recommending dosing pumps over Ca reactors because of their difficulty to dial in and sticking solenoids and clogs.. On another note make sure your programing is spot on and double check it if and when you update firmware. I just realized my dosing programming was all messed up post firmware update. Gotta love human error.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I just found all the parts: CR70, milwauke ph controller, regulator and co2 tank. Hopefully I can get some input before I lug this all the way back to BK if its no good.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have a Reef Octopus CR70 calcium reactor and two dosing pumps for my reef angel. Is it worth setting up the CR70 and using the dosers for alk & mag or should I skip the reactor and use the pumps for two part and dose mag by hand? The reason I was thinking of setting up the reactor is because one I have it and two I am considering getting another ARID that the reactor can run through.

i might not understand, but if you run the cal reactor theirs no reason to dose alk, cal or mag.
i have been using a cal reactor for 2 yrs and very happy with it. once you dial it in and i dont find it difficult, its set it and forget it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: