flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
ok here is what has happen and then the questions. i lost power at my place for 4 days in the last 7 days thanks mother nature. I was away with the family skiing for 3 of those days i have battery backups for both the skimmer and my vortechs(thanks to domboski).

i ended up lossing 2 colonies and came home to most tips of my sps and also noticed alittle reseading on my lps and most of my zoas gone. i did my tests:
results
mag 1300
cal 450
alk 6 i know its low
ph between 8.3-8.5
phos .02
nitrates & nitrites undetectable

now for the questions
what can i do to keep alk up since i am not home to dose?
what can i do to keep power going to my tank when i am not home. i have a generator but has to be started when i am not here to keep everything going.

i am just confused cause i am away with the family most weekends and tired of worring

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
now for the questions
what can i do to keep alk up since i am not home to dose?
Do you have CARX or you dose two part?

what can i do to keep power going to my tank when i am not home. i have a generator but has to be started when i am not here to keep everything going.

Move to dif area :) where power is more stable:)))

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
haaa thanks mike
i know i love the area and am already looking at a place in NJ. i dose ESV and since using thier sewater i havent had to dose anything but alk hmmmmm make me wonder what is going on

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
hey mike
thank you for the response. i obviously have to dose more alk, but again am showing my less knoweldge about reef. i was under the asumption that i would dose the 2 part as equal parts. i didnt want to dose more alk since it would raise my ph since it is at its higher point

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
You nee to balance ca/alk ratio first . Sometimes my alk drops a little and i add baking soda to bring it back to my level. then i adjust carx..
For you ca level at 450 ppm i would get alk to at least 8. Alk drops faster then ca.
I guess my corals growing good:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: