bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
I got the tab done to improve wager flow ,, now I just have to check the false floors ,, has anyone taken out the wall separating chamber1 from chamber 2 making it 1 big chamber ???

kenny2064

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
not as far as i know but im far from an expert, the false floor is pretty easy silicone is what holds it in place i think there is another video in the that link i posted that shows or tells you what to do

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I used the blunt end of a wooden kitchen spoon and a hammer to knock all the shelves down and then just ripped them out.

I think I have heard of people taking out the whole wall, but it seems like too much work and doesn't seem like you would benefit much from it. I guess it would increase the flow back there but I from time to time take the skimmer out of chamber 1 and siphone out any fines that have settled down there. I also think that with chamber 1 as a skimmer, more water has a chance to enter the skimmer with the wall in tact.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: