BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
RKL Controller? Not familiar with this, yet I am very interested. Please explain a little more

Thank you :)

RKL= Reef Keeper Lite. there are different levels and also a reef keeper elite. Depending on how much flexibility you want. The basic one is a reef keeper lite and it comes with a 4 plug strip and a temp probe and the controller. you can set the time for you lights, set the heater to turn on when it reaches below a set temperature, set the fan/ chiller to come in when it reaches a certain temperature.

reef keeper is just one brand of controller there are others. for example apex which has levels as well.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/reef-keeper-lite-l1-digital-aquatics.html

I hope this helps and im sure others can add more information

Veronica

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Matthew: Aqua C Remora Protein Skimmer running well.
will not worry any longer about temps at 79 and 80 degrees. It just made me crazy to have the tank running at a constant 76 degrees and yesterday up to 81. The AC Unit was running all day. 5 degree change in 8 hours to me was much!

I have a 75 gallon brackish water tank with Daffodils, Loaches, Chiclids Leptosoma all doing extremely well and that tank holds anywhere from 79.1 to 79.9 degrees F. I have many broods of Daffodils, fry of all ages and sizes, Leptosoma had 4 successful live mouth broods. So to see my 20 gallon salt water tank raise in temp that much in 8 hours drove me crazy along with the temp only going down 1 to 2 degrees overnight.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: