Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Sounds like a VERY Blue schedule for SPS. Are you getting good growth? Good color I'm sure. FWIW, I tried the new PHX setting for a few minutes and it was very blue for my taste and did not look like a Phoenix MH IMO. I'd never run my tank that way from a purely aesthetic POV.

I've had really good longterm success with the Natural mode Shallow Reef template and even that could use a longer dwell time on the peak 12K (ish ) part of the curve. The max growth template is also good and maximizes the 12K time ( all channels at 100%). One of these days I'll figure out how to modify the Shallow reef template with longer 12K exposure.

deo glass

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
yes. extremely blue. although I don't get to view much during that spectrum unfortunately. I been trying to extend my peak photo period to be longer but havnt messed with it much bc I been kicking back the overall intensity. now that I'm down to 40% (from 70%) I feel that my corals are responding. many variables but figured since such a shallow tank I was blasting em a little much. and rms doesn't let u get any extra height. it's max set at 9in above water. but I do agree. the phx is very blue. was thinking about going with a t5 supplement but again just havnt had time to play. figured step one is to see what everyone else is running. I def feel that I run WAY too much blue and that some
more daylight is needed. corals seem good. everything growing like weeds. I started dosing alk and ca again due to crazy swings in hopes to keep levels tighter and more consistent. not sure if the coral responding to the dosing or the less intense light. but seems ok for now. I know it could b better

deo glass

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
well since I'm controlling via WXM i am locked out of ecosmart live and cannot view any pre sets or lighting schedules... if anyone can post their radion schedule and color levels/intensity it would b greatly appreciated... thanks!

2reefs

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Good morning! Glad to find this duscussion thread. I have a Radion XR15Pro and for the last 8 weeks trying to figure out lighting. Can't figure out a sweet spot yet. I am running it over a 21 gallon rimless cube. 20x20x12 using rms mount. It is a mixed reef nothing have bleached it is a new set up so coral Ben in the tank for couple of weeks. Attached is my graph share your opinion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 429

sroot17

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Sroot17, I'm still looking for a good program. Your program looks like 16 hours of light per day...seems like a very long photo period, but maybe i'm wrong?

Yup. 4 of those hours are moonlights which seems to make sense to me. Coral and fish seem to be happy but struggling with a little HA at the moment.

Anyone else?

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0

I read that last week,very interesting article and it makes me glad to know I made a good choice and a purchase of using the radion.I been using the gen 3 pro since it came out with alot of different variations of graphs and most were trial and error but to have a better understanding on the true power and capabilities of this light definitely makes it easier to configure your own graph

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: