DrGonzo

Jack of All Trades
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My RBTA had split a few months ago. I lost track of where the second piece went until today, when I found it my overflow. It's a very small piece, maybe 2". Any ideas on how to take it out?

Last edited:

bogliman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.9%
188   4   0
you can't move it since it will stick itself to the wall and its hard to get them off. unless your overflow is large enough that your hand will fit in there then scrape off their footing slowly and safely until they come off then you can just pick it up while they're not sticking themself again. it will take a lot of time so be patient.

DrGonzo

Jack of All Trades
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Should I use anything to scrape it off? Like a plastic scraper?

you can't move it since it will stick itself to the wall and its hard to get them off. unless your overflow is large enough that your hand will fit in there then scrape off their footing slowly and safely until they come off then you can just pick it up while they're not sticking themself again. it will take a lot of time so be patient.

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
i used a plastic feeder stick with great success...but you have to be PATIENT and CAUTIOUS...or since the space is small use a net and cover it with net and move up and down nudging at it until it comes off....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: