thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Hate to break it to you, but it will not go away. The only way to really get rid of it, is to go fallow. I went through it and just finished my fallow period. I went 15 weeks with no fish. I would try to get the fish out, set traps and such if you have to.

Ich will continue to reproduce with fish in the tank. Even if the fish do not have symptoms they will/may still host the ich..

Sorry pal, fallow for MINIMUM 8 weeks is only way to go. I would go at least 10 weeks though. But every fish has to come out (at least the live ones)

REEF MANIA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
I don't have any other tanks yet. I can't ask someone to take like 16 fish. That's too much too ask. Gonna let it run it's course. Maybe they will all die. I read that even moving them to a hospital tank. They still can get stress out and die. I have 400 pounds of live rock. Just too much work to even try and setup a hospital tank. I only have 6 chromis,4 clowns,1 anthia,1 algae blenny,1 mandarin,1 cardinal & 2 gobys.

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone here posted about POLY-LAB Medic. Shortly after i got a powder blue that had ich, i lost him and a couple of others all the fish were infected. Catching them was out of the ? i tried this product and it worked for me i read alot of good reviews on it. My tank is fully stocked for a couple of months now no issue.

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all, and i read you can double the dose for severe outbreaks and i did. No harm to anything. It didnt save all my fish but it for sure saved some because they were all infected bad. A week after treatment i started replaceing my lost fish.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I am so sorry for your loses Joe!:( I also had outbreak a few months back. I was fortunate to have an empty 75 gal. sitting in my basement which I put most of the fish in. A couple I couldn't catch so they stayed in the DT. Of course I lost my favorites, and none of the ones I didn't care much for. It happens, and we move forward.:happysad:

There are some reviews on Marine Depot's site on the "Poly-lab Medic"
Click here: http://www.marinedepot.com/Polyp_La...e_Medications-Polyp_Lab-PP2111-FIMEPS-vi.html

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: