REEF MANIA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
180g AGA Reef Tank w/ corner overflows and DIY Durso Pipes. 72" x 24" x 24"
Solid wood stand with matching canopy. I refinished the stand in canopy it's now Burgundy. The tank is filled with 160 lbs of Caribsea Fiji Pink Aragonite sand & 300 pounds of live rock. 6-Chromis,2-Percula Clowns, 1 black and White Cardinal and 1 Algae Blenny for now.

Custom acrylic sump from Maximum Reef Aquatics (Thanks Chris) Sump is 48"L x 18"W x 17"H. Fuge section is filled with 20 lbs of live Caribsea Fiji Pink Aragonite sand. 30 Pounds of live rock and bunch of cheato. w/ plant light mounted above fuge.

The return pump is Iwaki 55RLT 1080 gph. Also have a Iwaki 70RLT Pump as a back up rated for 1500 gph.

My skimmer is a Bubble Master 250 w/gate valve ran with 2 PSK-2500 pumps. Also just got the DIY swabbie Kit to automatically wipe the neck. (not yet installed)

I have 1- Vortech MP40Wes so far. I just ordered another one should be here by Friday. I also running 2-Hydor Koralias one is Model: Evolution 1400 the other is Model: Evolution 1050. So I have plenty of flow.

My light is Giesemann Infiniti Light Fixture 3-250 HQI & 4 80Watt T5's

2-300 watt Jager heaters

1-Mag 9.5 pump to do water changes and make salt water.

1/3 HP Cyclone Drop in -chiller also have a 5000 watt Generator. My tank is not gonna go above 78 deg.:thrash:

I make my water with my brand new 150GPD 6 stage RO/DI System.

Marine Depot Refractometer.

I also have the Apex Controller Lite w/EB8 and just ordered the PH probe for it.

Still need to buy a few reactors w/pumps for Phosban and carbon.

I have the API test kits will be replaced with Salifert once I get some more funds. I will be doing my own dosing.

Now for some pics.

dsc00597.jpg

Last edited:

REEF MANIA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Thanks Kathy,Angelo and Awibrandy. Yes I made the cover myself. Thanks to Kathy C's link its very easy to do. I have extra netting if you need. I bought all the supplies from Home Depot except the netting. Takes no time at all. I made 3 covers in under 30 minutes. PM kathy ask her to send you the link.

cono

Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Great to see that you are back ....im in the same condition as you just finished seting up my 180 aga and stocked it with what fish i had in my 90 and trying to fight cyano .....just cant wait to see your tank fully stocked ......

REEF MANIA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Well I lost 4 fish to ich. My favorite Sohal Tang so I'm not a happy camper this morning. of course all the cheap fish are doing fine.

R.I.P
Sohal Tang aka Big Daddy
Atlantic Blue Tang aka baby Banana
2 female square anthias aka peach and rainbow
My kids and I are very sad. They named all the fish in the tank. My fault I should have setup a hospital tank. The rest of the fish look fine. The corals look great.
I thought things were going good. Finally got my phosphates down to reasonable 13 after multiple water changes. I know I over feed thats why my phosphate are never gonna be zero. PH is still low 7.8. (super buffer doesn't work) I just tested my ammonia still 0 Nitrite still 0 Nitrate 10 KH 10 Magnesium 1300 Calcium 450

REEF MANIA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Oh, darn it. I'm so sorry Joe.
It's hard loosing fish, especially when sickness seems so random.

They were doing great. I noticed some white spots on my Atlantic blue tang. They were there when the lights 1st came on then they were gone like an hour later. I guess ich attacks the fish at night when the lights go off. Must fall off during the day. I tried catching the little tang. Was gonna give it to my friend to put in his QT. I couldn't catch her. But then Saturday night I noticed my Sohal tang wasn't doing good. So then I figured he got ich too. Then I noticed my two female anthias were missing. I found there corps in my filter sock. So I'm done adding anything to my tank. I'm gonna just continue to do weekly water changes and hopefully the ich will die off on its own. I have too much rock in my tank to catch the remaining fish. Just have to pray they are strong enough to fight it off.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: