richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Hey guys finally got my 2nd 50 gallon tank set up. Now just letting go through the cycle. For this tank there is very little rock but a lot of open space to swim because I want my fish to have a lot of open room. Plus when I get SPS, I want it to be able to grow as much as possible without obstacles

If I use Special Blend and established live rock to seed the tank, how much faster will it go through the cycle?

DSCN0068.jpg

STHILL

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
I didn't cause I basicly just took rock and water from my other tank..but ya can throw a raw shrimp in there ...you'll get lots of ideas from lots of ppl on how to cycle a tank ...but you have a tank up already just take ya time you know the deal..patience

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
If there is no livestock that requires light then there is no need to run them.

Some people will run them if they have hitchhiker corals when they start a tank.

Keep them off and put them on when you want to look or work on the tank

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Redid aquascape

I had catch an eibli angel that had to get out of there and while I did that I destroyed my entire rockwork.

Here it is again... still not satisfied. I feel like it could be better.

I tried using J-B waterweld... It's okay... but it doesn't hold strong at all. If I accidently hit one of the rocks, it would fall apart.

Was going to post a bunch of pics but internet is being slow so I'll just post a few

Open to any opinions or criticisms!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: