NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ive had mine for years in a aquapod 24g system, they will do better in a taller tank though. 37g column tank would be really nice, shoot me ur number and id be happy to go over it more with you, for lighting i use two par 38 bulbs

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Whoa :) I had no idea. What should I be feeding them? (btw I got the really small ones that were in the tank) I did ask at the table but no one could tell me much about them.

Any advice will be welcome.

If they are from Todd they will already have been eating frozen mysis, the pair I have from him are under a year and already eating PE mysis and breeding.

is there an led I could use that would fit in the hood?

You could get away with the PAR38 lamps Rick mentioned or a Marineland LED fixture, the light will only be to keep the macro going. When I had an AP24 the temps were always high 70s to low 80s, OK for a reef but sea horses are better off at low 70s.

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
If they are from Todd they will already have been eating frozen mysis, the pair I have from him are under a year and already eating PE mysis and breeding.

Well that was easy. One stop at PetSmart and these guys are eating mysis.

I guess my corals will need to enjoy the baby brine.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
@Salty Dog: can you share your feeding regiment with me? I'm doing mysis twice a day now but I believe that I need to throw in a fast day once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: