Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just remembers something else. Now, I really respect our fighting men and women and would not want to fight in any more wars, but now we have PTSD which stands for Post tramatic stress disorder, and it is a real sickness and is treated. We Veterans of Viet Nam also had that but there was no name for it.
After a particularly fierce battle I was in where we lost about 40 of our 150 men they sent us for a stand down. That was to cure our PTSD or what they called it then "battle fatigue". They took the remainder of us and brought us to a semi rear area, took away our weapons and threw us into this large compound along with trailers full of hot beer. There were Vietnamese girls singing rock music behind high barbed wire enclosures. :flirt: There were no seats or places to sleep but the dirt. Fights broke out continousely and there was a lot of yelling. We stood in there for 3 full days, and that was supposed to cure our PTSD. I guess it did.
Then we were given clean uniforms and weapons and were sent back out to the jungle.
But that, along with the rest of my experiences made a Man out of me. I thought I was a man before that, but that kind of finalized it and after a large battle, then 3 days of that, nothing else will scare, bother, annoy, or irk me. Except traffic, I hate that but there were no cars in Viet Nam so they didn't prepare me for that.
That and naggy kids. Naggy, wimpy kids. :tank:

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I just remembers something else. Now, I really respect our fighting men and women and would not want to fight in any more wars, but now we have PTSD which stands for Post tramatic stress disorder, and it is a real sickness and is treated. We Veterans of Viet Nam also had that but there was no name for it.
After a particularly fierce battle I was in where we lost about 40 of our 150 men they sent us for a stand down. That was to cure our PTSD or what they called it then "battle fatigue". They took the remainder of us and brought us to a semi rear area, took away our weapons and threw us into this large compound along with trailers full of hot beer. There were Vietnamese girls singing rock music behind high barbed wire enclosures. :flirt: There were no seats or places to sleep but the dirt. Fights broke out continousely and there was a lot of yelling. We stood in there for 3 full days, and that was supposed to cure our PTSD. I guess it did.
Then we were given clean uniforms and weapons and were sent back out to the jungle.
But that, along with the rest of my experiences made a Man out of me. I thought I was a man before that, but that kind of finalized it and after a large battle, then 3 days of that, nothing else will scare, bother, annoy, or irk me. Except traffic, I hate that but there were no cars in Viet Nam so they didn't prepare me for that.
That and naggy kids. Naggy, wimpy kids. :tank:

:usa1: Thanks Paul

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Your welcome. Today my wife and I went out on our boat, as we always do, but it is rare when we go out alone. It was a beautiful day, one of the best of the summer.
I like to keep a clean bilge, I am so proud of it, I took a picture. My wife just looked at me funny, but real men keep a clean bilge.

Today

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: