smokin reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only skimmers that I don't like are the ones that look like anybody could have made them, if they had access to an acrylic warehouse. Straight chambers, nylon screws, bolt on a water pump and a couple of hoses and PRESTO, you have a PROTEIN SKIMMER! It makes me think that NO engineering was put into the unit, and if priced right, and it pulls out ANYTHING, then it MUST be a GREAT skimmer!

Sometimes simple is better. In the case of my 1966 ford falcon futura for example.

Carpentersreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by smokin reefer:
<STRONG>

Sometimes simple is better. In the case of my 1966 ford falcon futura for example.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My first "car" was a 66 econoline van with 3 on the tree. Wish I still had it.

But with protein skimmers........define "better"

Mitch

theringnebula

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One nice thing about the new marine technical skimmers is that the beckett is totally removable. The unit I have comes completely apart with unions and such and everything can be easily cleaned. You can get a spare beckett for around $20 and just soak the current one in vinegar and your skimmer can be up and running with the spare.

[ October 04, 2001: Message edited by: theringnebula ]

acecool

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Lifereef VS24. On my 180G IMO does a better job than ETS Evolution 750. ReefFORlife
icon_smile.gif

wnfaknd

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you have them both running, what do you think about their performances?

Also keep in mind the BL3 costs about $150 more bucks than the EV-240 (pump included in both skimmers)

coralhead317

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree with theringnebula, skimmers from mtc are the best that I've seen bar none. The HSA's are absolutely amazing. I have an HSA 1000, for a 600 gallon system that I am setting up. Look into them, they are worth the money.

John

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: