fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I finally have some cash to get equipment for my 125. Im thinking of the bubble Magnus NAC 7. I have a 55 gal sump with the 125 DT. Its going to be a mixed reef with limited Sps. What's everyone prefrence when it comes to skimmers?

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Vertex Omega looks awesome. If I had a tank with a sump I would buy it no question.

I'm going to throw out some other options to take a look at. Some may require finding a used model though.

Personal experience with each of the below skimmers (usually the next size down).

-i-Tech 200 for light bio load, 300 for heavy
-SRO 3000int
-Vertex IN-180 with bubble blaster or Tunze pump
-Warner Marine (aka Aquamaxx). Check out the sizing at Marine Depot.
-Warner Marine MF-161 or 181 or SKIMZ equivalent.

No personal experience, but take a look at:

-ATB 840 (would definitely need to find a used model)
-Bubble Magus Curve (I think these come with Sicce pumps)
-SRO XP 2000 or 3000

That should be a decent starting point.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
If your handy you owe it to yourself to look at the Avast CS1. I have owned an RO XS200, NAC6 and 7, ITech 200 and the CS makes them all look pretty weak. I know Jerl77 swore by his NAC. than there was nothing better than his SRO1000sss. Than he borrowed my CS1 w recirc Mod. That was almost 2 months ago. Was told I am NOT getting it back lol. He is buying me another one. Once dialed in what this skimmer pulls in 24 hours is nuts. Your missing out if you don't check it out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: